Cre8ery Main Gallery Submission Call, 2021 Members Exhibition
The statement below was created as a general idea for the show to inspire creative thinking outside of the box. We will create a more specific statement after submission process. Please no literal “alien art”, its not what we are looking for in this theme. We are looking for unique art to create an interesting and thought provoking exhibition.
“Space, as a word or a theme, can have multiple meanings or contexts. Two years ago, I asked cre8ery members to choose the next theme for a body of work. Of the 20 suggestions, it became clear that “Space” could have sufficient flexibility for a broad range of imagination and creativity. There is the literal, physical and visual space between objects, both negative and positive, geometrical or relational and the imagined world of outer or inner space exploration. Personal or one’s own creative space could be a factor in an artist’s interpretation. Others may have philosophies about space and time or want to create a lived in, sacred or safer space.”
May 30:, 12 noon: Submission deadline
June 6: Acceptance emails sent to those who will be in exhibition
June 27: Contract Deadline
December 17: 4-7pm art drop off
December 18, 12-4pm art drop off
December 19, 12-5pm art drop off
January 8, 7-10pm artist reception (2021)
January 19, 6-8pm (2021) pick up artwork
Exhibition dates: Reception, January 8, 7-10pm to January 19, 6pm 2021
Exhibition Hours: 12 to 6pm Tuesday to Friday, 12-5 Saturday.
Submission Requirements: all files must be labeled with artist name/images with title + artist name:
1. Brief Artist Bio (200 words or less, word format)
2. Brief Artist Statement (200 words or less, word format)
3. Curriculum Vitae (no longer than 2 pages, word format)
4. Price List (1-2 artworks): Title, Medium, Date, Value, Dimensions (text body of email).
5. Professionally Documented artworks both in high resolution and low resolution. (JPEGS only, no pdf files of price lists with images inserted.)
*Submissions, missing any of these documents, will not be accepted*
Full submission Terms:
1. Artists must be a current member at the time of submission and exhibition.
2. All mediums will be considered (wall or 3D) provided they are artist originals, no print copies of art.
3. All art MUST be for sale.
4. 2 artworks can be submitted per artist, if any works are diptychs they will be counted as two works due to limited wall space.
5. Commission: 30% (taxes included) this is what pays Jordan Miller for her work on the exhibition.
6. This show will be ‘curated’ by Jordan Miller.
7. Fee per artist: $75 (will pay for all gallery expenses)
Contact info (phone number and email must be on Curriculum Vitae)
If you need assistance with your portfolio requirements you may attend a class with Jordan Miller on Professional Portfolio Development on March 29, 1-3pm. Fee is $25 for members. Private Consulting Services to help with your submission are also available for a fee. Please contact Jordan for assistance.
General questions can be sent to Jordan@cre8ery.com or 204-944-0809
Due to the number of applications we may receive, only those selected for this exhibition will be contacted, Please make sure you are easily reachable at the phone number and email address (check spam!) thank you-cre8ery.