Strength by Numbers (2) & 10 Year Celebration
April 7th: First Friday, 5-9pm: Pre-bidding opens
April 8th 12-5pm, Pre-Bidding continues
April 11th, 12th, 13th: 12-6pm, Pre-Bidding continues
Thursday, April 13th, 7-11pm: Final bids & Entertainment, Celebrate Art! There will be food, music, spoken-word– and fun! Pass the hat? 50-50? Take out a membership? Buy a custom artist-made cre8ery mug? We are also launching our new “cre8ery gallery and studio video”! Oooo….awesome
7pm: First Performance (see list below)
7-9pm Stephanie Struger will be live-drawing caricatures.
9:45-10pm Silent Auction Bids ends
10:05 (last performance, see list below, art will be wrapped up for bidders)
approx. 10:30 Raffle Draw (collection on art payments begin, classroom studio)
cre8ery gallery + studio has been in operation for 10 years offering opportunities to all artists. In the past 10 years, we have had only one fundraiser and that money carried us for six wonderful years. cre8ery has signed a new lease to carry us to 2020 with a substantial increase in rent starting in May 2017. We have asked artists, musicians, spoken word performers to donate time to help freeze our membership, studio and gallery rates. The response has been amazing!
Artists will be donating anywhere between 50-100% of the money raised at the event. The fundraiser will take place in the Main Gallery via silent auction bidding. Bids will begin at $50 and increase $5 or more per additional bid. The more money raised, the more affordable options that cre8ery can continue to offer!
Come out to admire and enjoy the art offerings from amongst the cre8ery community. Mediums range from encaustic, paintings, drawings, photography, print-making, image transfer, and digital art, to ceramics, glass art, sculpture, fabric art and jewelry.
MC-Andrea von Wichert
7pm: Sari Habiluk (instrumental)
7:25pm: Kevin Mckay (music)
7:55pm: Celia Wren (music)
8:20pm: C~Soul (Cecil Anderson, music)
8:35pm: Andrea von Wichert (spoken word)
9:10pm Graham Hnatiuk (the Hearing Trees, music)
9:30pm Broms the Poet (spoken word: Jeff Bromley)
9:45pm: KittyKittie (Ambient)
10:05pm: Amadians (James Roth, Courtney Devon, Kyle Fox)
Ashleigh Dawn (image)
Bonnie Bodnarchuk (image)
Connie Wawuck Hemmett
Darren Fast (image, landscape)
Diamond Doug Keith (image, horse)
Glenna Evans Mulvihill
Indra Skuja Grislis
Jill Booker (blurry image)
Jordan Van Sewell (ceramic sculpture image)
Kathleen Crosby (image bright landscape)
Lucie Madeleine Delisle
Mandy Giesbrecht (image-trees)
Maja Larson (image-sculpture photo)
Mary Ann Rudy
Michel Saint Hilaire (landscape with red line)
Peter A. Heyman
Ray Gutnick (Unknown Artist)
Serena Wilson Stubson
Sheldon Dawson (Mask)
Sonya Topaz Joyal
A Special thank you to our Event Sponsors:
Nott Autocorp & Art Gallery (Print Sponsor)
- Donations of food prior to event
- management of food table during event (Pat Best, Irene Rowland)
- Selling 50-50 tickets (Angela Lillico) & Raffle tickets, help with membership (Verna & Rhonda Mogk) $5/1; $10/3
- Sell and promote cre8ery memberships (Gen Henderson)
- Sell Cre8ery mugs (Mike & Leanne Baldwin)
- Organize musicians for when they go on: mics, etc. (Murray K, Cecil Anderson)
- Explain bid sheets and event fundraising to guests, general help directing people, keeping place tidy-empties, garbage, washroom checks, etc (Dawn Mc, Laurie Cox, Lou Valcourt, Suzanne Hunter, James Sandberg, Jennifer Labella, Shirley Myren) 7-9:45pm.
- Close bids at 9:45-11pm at the latest: /pack up artworks (Adilia Cunha, Rosemary Miguez, Darlene Drewniak, Yvette Hawkes, Sari Habiluk, Laurie Cox, Adrielle, Glenna Evans Mulvihill)
- Bartenders (Leigh Konyk, + Sari Habiluk)
- Sales co-ordinators for auxiliary gallery (Yvette Hawkes, Sari Habiluk & Jordan Miller)
- Media support?
- Distribution of marketing materials before event?