cre8ery gallery + studio has been in operation for 10 years offering opportunities to all artists. Recently, cre8ery signed a lease until 2020 with a substantial increase in rent starting in May 2017. We are asking artists, entertainers, and art professionals to consider donating time, artwork, or entertainment to our special event to help freeze our membership, studio + gallery rates for a bit longer.
For those who are new to cre8ery, in the past 10 years, we have only had one fundraiser, in 2011, and that money carried us for a few wonderful years. This time we will give the option to artists to give 50%, 75% or 100% of their donation. Because we are not a registered charity we cannot offer tax receipts. The fundraiser will take place in the Main Gallery via silent auction bidding. The more money raised, the more affordable options cre8ery can continue to offer! Minimum bids on artwork will be set at $50 and bids may increase $5 per bid.
Today to February 25th: Inform us that you will donate art or entertainment. We will make posters, invitations, a press release, and a website /Facebook page.
-Found out after February 25th? You can still donate (It may be too late for the printed ads)
March 25th to April 1: please drop off your donations to cre8ery on March 25, 12-5 March 28, 29, 30, 31 or April 1, 12-5pm. You will sign an agreement on how the fundraiser donation will work (bidding)
April 5th and 6th: the art and bid sheets will be installed around the gallery
April 7th: First Friday, 5-9pm: Pre-bidding opens on the art.
April 8th to April 13th: Bidding continues, 12-6pm
FUNDRAISER NIGHT: Thursday, April 13th, 7-10pm: Final Bids, Entertainment, Celebration of art! Food, Music, Spoken Word? and Fun! Pass the Hat? 50-50? Take out a membership? Buy a custom artist-made cre8ery mug? 9:45 bids close. 10pm-11pm: pack up artworks, receive payments, give pieces to buyer.
- Donations of food prior to event, management of food table during event
- Selling 50-50 tickets & Raffle tickets, help with membership (Verna & Rhonda Mogk) $5/1; $10/3
- Sell and promote cre8ery memberships (Gen Henderson)
- Organize musicians for when they go on: mics, etc. (Murray K, Cecil Anderson)
- Explain bid sheets and event fundraising to guests (2)
- Close bids at 9:45/pack up artworks (5-10 volunteers needed: Darlene Drewniak,)
- Bartenders (Leigh Konyk, + 1 more?)
- Sales co-ordinator for auxiliary gallery (full price, not part of fundraiser) (1) + to wrap up art as it’s sold. (Jordan will do transactions)
- General help through out the night, before the event and event clean up (2-3 people)
- Media support?
- Distribution of marketing materials before event?
To see who is donating works/entertainment so far please click here: http://www.cre8ery.com/event/strength-by-numbers-2-event/